Beckwood Automation announces six new hires
Beckwood Press Co., a St. Louis manufacturer of custom hydraulic presses and automation systems, has expanded its engineering department with six new hires.
Adam Strein, Beckwood’s engineering manager, said that over the past five years his company’s customer base has increased its demand for more sophisticated machinery. “These new engineers have really helped to expand our capabilities in these areas.”
The new hires include:
• Quintin Binder, who has a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Mechanical Engineering, joins the firm with almost five years of design experience at a tool and die firm
• Ian Macfayden, who has over 33 years of experience with CAD and 3-D modeling software designing mechanical, electrical and pneumatic/hydraulic systems for custom machinery manufacturers
• Kyle Harris, who has a B.S. in mechanical engineering and over 10 years of experience in designing hot-stamping, heat-transfer, and battery-
• Bryan Sisk, who has a B.S. in electrical engineering and has designed industrial control systems to automate plant-floor manufacturing processes
• Alex Wedepohl, who has an associate’s degree in applied science and has been a lead programmer focusing on process improvement for new and retrofitted machinery that manufactures transformer and switchgear components
• James Fingers who has an associate’s degree in electrical automation and controls system technologies and is proficient in configuring programs written for Rockwell Automation Inc. interfaces.